Hi there,
via the API, I want to restrict pushing for new repositories to specific groups and users. This works nicely for most cases - as described in the API documentation, I can restrict pushing, e.g., for user ABC and group XYZ using
{
"branch_match_kind": "glob", "pattern": "main",
"kind": "push",
"users": [ { "username": "ABC" } ],
"groups": [ { "slug": "XYZ" } ]
}However, there is one user for whom this does not work - the administrative "Jenkins" user. For him, I get an error
"error": {"message": "write or admin access required: jenkins"}I would have thought this means that "Jenkins" requires specific access to the repository, but even giving him admin permissions on the repository did not help. At the same time, I can allow pushing for "Jenkins" manually in the GUI (even without the admin permissions).
I am wondering if this has to do with my limited admin status in our company workspace - while I am an admin in the specific project where I want to import the repositories, I have few permissions beyond.
I am using an AppPassword that has Write+Admin access both for "Projects" and "Repositories" (and Read access for "Workspace membership").
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers
C.