I have applied new workflow scheme to my project.I am unable to see Workflow transition buttons from the issue view page
Thanks every one.....
The Issue is with Automation Transition Rules, Once we set up the automation rules the Issue got Resolved.
Check the conditions on the transitions in the new workflow. I suspect you will find you do not match the conditions, so JIRA hides the transitions from you.
Do you have the Transition Issues permission for your project?
Does the workflow have any conditions against the transitions that might be preventing you from seeing them?
Thanks for your suggestion
Thanks Robert,
I have checked it(My project has Transition Issues permission),
The same workflow scheme is sharing with 2 projects and today we applied it to other project.
It is working fine for old project but new project(the one we applied today) unable to see transitions.
What do the conditions say?
We are using default permission scheme to both the projects.
we are using JSD_v2.5.9
Nic,
I just found this today because I was struggling with a similar issue. I looked at your note and checked the initial transition on my workflow. Sure enough there was a condition set there stating that only certain group members could transition this workflow. The user I'm working with was not in that group, thus could not see the buttons. I removed the condition and all is well now.
Here's where I went wrong: I copied an existing workflow, created by someone else, and did not know that condition was in place. I used this workflow to set up an issue type, request type, form etc but this one user could not see the buttons.
Lesson learned. Nic thank you so much!!!!
Joe Kyle
i have the same issue now but i dont have condition on transition . any suggestion ?
Have you checked the permission checker?
Dear Nic,
I understand that this post is old, but I'm getting the similar issue here.
All the permissions are perfectly in place for the users. I've even checked using Permission Helper.
User has all 'Issue Permissions': Create, edit, Transition, Move, Assign and even the Permissions related to 'Administer Project', 'Browse', 'Vew Development Tools', 'View Read-only workflow'. Means in all, he's having allt he necessary permissions from the project perspective. But still they are unable to see this 'Workflow' button on 'View screen for status changes.
I've also checked the Integrity checker, but nothing is helping.
we are using 6.3.15 version, is it something related tot he version??
Thanks,
Aditi
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.