I see for access to the repository, we have read, write and admin permissions. As I understand it, since Pipelines is code in the repository, permissions to change its configuration is based on the developer permissions for the repository.
I notice there is a premium feature, which you can then block certain branches to be only deployed by admin. I am assuming then this is the repository admin permission.
This seams a bit lacking to me, coming from Bamboo and being use to the plethora of permissions there. I feel there are use cases where I would like part of the development team to be able to execute a deployment, but not be an admin over the whole repository.
Is it just me or is Bitbucket Pipelines lacking a bit for permissions in this regard? I haven't looked at Github or Gitlab to see if their permissions are similar or more robust.
Thanks.