When running a Bitbucket pipeline that kicks off a shell script to perform a Whitesource scan on our docker container images, I get the following error:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------- Start: Docker Image -------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:01,396 +0000] - Extracting file /tmp/ws-ua_20240218064239_OMRSBL/Docker_CQUMNF/20240218064240/AWS_ID.dkr.ecr.us-east-1.amazonaws.com_maprisk_batch.tar - Size 1393349632 Bytes (1328 MBs)- Free Space 243881906176 Bytes (232583 MBs)
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,117 +0000] - AbstractLayerScanner - scanLayersInManifest - START
[WARN] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,118 +0000] - Error extracting file 1a102d1cac2bdae8a0160ac4365d4f8653e9d6da56c793a665d556ae07fb7f82: null
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,118 +0000] - Did not extract file 1a102d1cac2bdae8a0160ac4365d4f8653e9d6da56c793a665d556ae07fb7f82
[WARN] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,119 +0000] - Error extracting file 5f5583ba18431daa0fda68fe86f709f7196ae43cfca6aaafeba2e61e4757fb1c: null
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,119 +0000] - Did not extract file 5f5583ba18431daa0fda68fe86f709f7196ae43cfca6aaafeba2e61e4757fb1c
[WARN] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,120 +0000] - Error extracting file 18f03fd9d7030dcbe3f7bef52d06b230767238d70b21bd5652bd6b081c88e72f: null
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,120 +0000] - Did not extract file 18f03fd9d7030dcbe3f7bef52d06b230767238d70b21bd5652bd6b081c88e72f
[WARN] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,121 +0000] - Error extracting file 6f168b15d67585dd5d5569ed24ed1718a717f1ba60491cc02e491ce885282568: null
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,121 +0000] - Did not extract file 6f168b15d67585dd5d5569ed24ed1718a717f1ba60491cc02e491ce885282568
[WARN] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,122 +0000] - Error extracting file 5ec1739aa6e03323ed5d4b6f7ace235469e4388fa73ba03a921322185732fb3e: null
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,122 +0000] - Did not extract file 5ec1739aa6e03323ed5d4b6f7ace235469e4388fa73ba03a921322185732fb3e
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,122 +0000] - AbstractLayerScanner - scanLayersInManifest - END
[INFO] [2024-02-18 06:43:06,685 +0000] -
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------- End: Docker Image ---------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a new error that I started getting approximately 3 weeks ago, and prior to that it worked just fine. Nothing has changed with our docker containers, nor with our ECR/AWS permissions.
For further context, we are able to successfully pull the docker image, download the wss-unified-agent, etc. I have already reached out to Mend, and there is no issue on their end to explain this error.
We can even run Whitesource scans on our code dependencies successfully via pipelines but when scanning Docker images, it fails. I can also use Mend CLI to run a scan on our Docker Image Containers successfully(using Mend CLI is currently not a viable solution at this time).
This leads me to believe that there is an issue on the Bitbucket side that is giving me this error.
I can provide further information if need be. Thanks.