I have over 400 child tasks that need to be marked as done. Is there a quick way to achieve this?
@Lynne Justice There is an option to 'bulk edit' in JIRA. I presume that is enabled for your login.You should start with trying to figure out a JQL query that returns these 'child tasks' under:Issues --> Search for Issues (Issue Navigator) --> Sample JQL query --> Search
Sample JQL query:project = 'project name' AND issuetype in (Story, Task,...) AND "Epic Link" in ('all applicable epic #s')Once you have the requisite list of child tasks, click on:Tools --> Bulk Change --> Select All --> Select 'Transition Issues' --> Next .... --> DoneLet me know if that works or respond here for further clarifications.
Hi @Lynne Justice ,
Bulk operations let you edit multiple issues at once. These actions include transitioning issues, deleting issues, moving issues, and watching or unwatching issues.
In the issue navigator,
Select more ( ... ) in the top right > Bulk change all issue(s).
Thank you
This does work. I have to say that I tried to edit the issues thinking status was an edit. I missed the detail that you included to select transition issues. So, your instructions work, but the tool is more confusing than I'd expected/hoped.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.