Hi,
I have cleaned my repository from local through bfg. Can you run gc on this repo git@bitbucket.org:sk29325/spm-reports-clone.git. Is it possible to run gc by myself?
Hey @Sumeet.d.kumar
Welcome to the community!
I have triggered Git GC on the affected repository, which remains at 2.5 GB. This means that there are still many large files in your repository.
I suggest reviewing them again, identifying which files are huge, and deleting them one by 1 through BFG.
Identify large files
As for triggering GC on yourself, unfortunately, you can't now. You have to raise a support ticket with us or a community post. Note that we automatically trigger GC on the repository from time to time.
Regards,Syahrul
Hi @Syahrul ,
I deleted files through BFG. Size got reduced from 2.42 GB to 2.24GB in my local machine. However I am unable to push my changes to Bitbucket Cloud Repository. It says "Everything up-to-date". Is there any other way to achieve this part. Am I missing something?
Attaching screenshot with this.
Thanks,
Sumeet
You need to make sure to follow the BFG steps and clone as well as run the BFG onto the --mirror (Bare) repository.
In some cases, you may need to use no blob protection parameter if the files you wish to delete are in the protected HEAD
bfg <strong>--delete-files {filesname}</strong> <strong>--no-blob-protection</strong> my-repo.git
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.