I can not push my local repository to a newly created repository on bitbucketI cd to my project folder, then entergit initgit add -A (needed to add an exception on the first try)git commit -m 'initial commit'this list my files in the local repositorygit remote add origin https://bitbucket.org/...git push -u origin mainI am asked for username and passwordvery confusing what my 'username' would be but I tried all possible combinations and I am very sure that I entered the correct password (I can at least login to bitbucket with it)the response is always 'Invalid credentials'I have even tried to completely sign off from bitbucket and atlassian, waited the 10 days period and started from fresh.I still get "invalid credentials" and am completely stuck
I think the username would be the email address you created your Atlassian account with.
But, for the long run, your life will be easier if you use SSH based authentication. It will not ask for credentials at every push and it is secure.
Hi @juerg and welcome to the community!
When you clone, pull, or push to a Bitbucket repo with basic authentication over HTTPS, you need to use the following credentials:
Your account's password can be used only for logging in to https://bitbucket.org/ from browser, it cannot be used for Git operations over HTTPS.
When you set a remote URL for your clone, it is also common to include the username in the URL as follows:
git remote add origin https://username@bitbucket.org/workspace-id/repo.git
Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance.
Kind regards,Theodora
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.