The Documentation states that the destination branch is merged into the working branch before it begins:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/pipeline-start-conditions/
This is very helpful, but I'd like to check the behaviour in a multi-step pipeline.
When the documentation says "before it runs" - Does it mean "before it runs, for the first step" or "before it runs each step"?
The reason I ask is that I have a pipeline where the second step is manual and may not happen for a while. In that time, there may be additional commits to the destination branch and I've seen some odd discrepancies in diffs that happen in the different steps. I'd like to understand whether this merge might have any impact or not.
I'm attempting to run some automated validations and deployments into Salesforce using sfdx and a very useful plugin called sfdx-git-delta. It's been very useful, but due to some differences in behaviour between the steps, I'm cautious.