edit: Never mind, I figured it out by adding an additional "Transition issue" action to the automation that is duplicating the tickets, so upon duplicating, the status of task A is now being correctly changed to "In Progress". This request can now be closed.
Hey guys, here is my use case:
I have two projects - project A and project B.
When a task from Project A reaches its due date, it gets duplicated onto Project B and a link of the "has to be done before / after" type is created between the two. Task B has the "has to be done before" and task A has the "has to be done after".
My goal is to create a simple automation that changes the status of task A to "In Progress" upon getting linked to Task B.
The rule is set to only operate within project A as Task A that needs to be affected by the automation resides in it.
I've tried different things, but none of them seem to work. Can you please give me a hand with this one? One would think it's something very straightforward, but here I am 