I am looking to customize a form to pull the drop down list via an api. Is that possible ?
Say Manufacturing SItes , Suppliers etc
Welcome to the community @rnaray43
You might need to check out this page right here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-get
I believe this is the example that you are looking for:
requestFieldValues": [ { "fieldId": "summary", "label": "What do you need?", "value": "Request JSD help via REST" }, { "fieldId": "description", "label": "Why do you need this?", "renderedValue": { "html": "<p>I need a new <b>mouse</b> for my Mac</p>" }, "value": "I need a new *mouse* for my Mac" }
Hi @rnaray43,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
It is possible, but you need an app that allows you to create custom fields that are being populated by external data. If you search the Marketplace there are a handful of apps that can do this. I have used Elements Connect in the past to get data from an external database, but check out the other apps as well.
This is great apis I can use to pull data from Jira issues .What I am also looking to hook an api to populate a drop down in a form when I am designing the form. The apis are external outside of jira.
Thank you @Mikael Sandberg , I am going to try Elemenys Connnect, I am also reading about Proforma Forms at https://confluence.atlassian.com/proforma/data-connections-1087521268.html , but cant seem to find the app in market place , wondering why ..
ProForma forms is no longer available as an app in Cloud, it is now part of JSM. The only way you can get access to Advanced Forms (ProForma Forms) outside of JSM is if you had the app installed before it became a feature in JSM.
This article might help you out: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-call-external-application-REST-API-from-Jira/qaq-p/1151173
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.