Hello,
I am integrating Jira cloud instance with my custom application that is behind a firewall.
My issue is that I cannot use custom ports for HTTPS REST traffic outgoing from jira.
First, I opened network traffic for ips from https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/ip-addresses-and-domains-for-atlassian-cloud-products/#Outgoing-Connections
Then I created an example automation rule with a single action (send web request) to test the connection. Test failed to reach the firewall and after looking at the response it seems this was due to being stopped at Squid proxy located inside Jira cloud network.
Error response HTTP body:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html><head> <meta type="copyright" content="Copyright (C) 1996-2022 The Squid Software Foundation and contributors"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</title> <style type="text/css"><!-- /* * Copyright (C) 1996-2022 The Squid Software Foundation and contributors * * Squid software is distributed under GPLv2+ license and includes * contributions from numerous individuals and organizations. * Please see the COPYING and CONTRIBUTORS files for details. */ /* Stylesheet for Squid Error pages Adapted from design by Free CSS Templates http://www.freecsstemplates.org Released for free under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License */ /* Page basics */ * { font-family: verdana, sans-serif; } html body { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: #efefef; font-size: 12px; color: #1e1e1e; } /* Page di...
After some searching, I found that only a few ports seem to be available for use. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-151
I wanted to use port 8500 for my sandbox environment and port 8600 for my production environment, but obviously I need to change my approach if the amount of available ports is limited. Only solution from my perspective is to use one of the ports given in AUTO-151 and hope I don't have to integrate another cloud system that would collide on port with this one.
Is there any way to use my ports for traffic outgoing from jira, for example if I write my own app in jira? Do you know of any workaround or a better solution than mine?