I have a space where I want users to be able to Edit pages, but not create new pages or delete pages. To keep the space tidy. So....
- SPACE TOOLS -> Permissions, I disable everything except for "VIEW" and COMMENTS which have green circles. Everything else, is red circle (disabled).
- PAGE RESTRICTIONS -> I provision a group representing my users with "Can Edit".
In theory, the above should work right? Space permissions restrict ability to add new pages, but Page level Restriction explicitly allows EDIT.
But... sadly... this isn't working. Nobody (except me who has all the space permissions) - can see that edit button on the page. The only way I see to fix this is to make "Add Pages" green at Space level. Users can Edit the page - hurray! But they can also add & publish new pages, which is what I wanted to avoid. Is this a Confluence limitation / bug?
If not, what am I missing? Thanks in advance!