Docker pipeline now not able to build. It breaks at the step where docker service is defined. ie my pipeline looks like this:
steps: - step: &run_unit_tests runs-on: - self.hosted - linuxname: Run Unit Testsoidc: truesize: 8xservices: - dockerscript: - ...
And I dont reach the script it breaks on build step. If I remove teh lines which do services: docker then it does run through (but obviously I dont have access to docker deamon in pipeline).
This broke for no reason this morning. I have this in the docker terminal:
<span>Runner warnings:</span>
<span><a href="http://docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon:v25.0.2-multiarch-prod-stable" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank">docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon:v25.0.2-multiarch-prod-stable:</a> Your kernel does not support memory swappiness capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory swappiness discarded.</span>
<span>/usr/local/bin/runit.sh: line 7: pipelines: not found</span>
<span>ip: can't find device 'nf_tables'</span>
<span>modprobe: can't change directory to '/lib/modules': No such file or directory</span>
<span>ip: can't find device 'ip_tables'</span>
<span>iptables: Failed to initialize nft: Protocol not supported</span>
I checked and there is a new image when I do docker images called:
docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon: v25.0.2-multiarch-prod-stable
The old one had tag: v20.10.24-multiarch-prod-stable
I'm guessing this update (created date is 8 hours ago the same time roughly as my pipeline broke) is what caused the pipeline to break. Although this could be a red herring! Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix/ workaround?
Hi Sam and welcome to the community!
This issue seems to be related to the update of the Docker service. Our engineering team is looking into it.
In the meantime, since you are using a self-hosted runner, you can specify the image used by the docker service by adding the following in your yml file:
definitions: services: docker: image: docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon:v20.10.24-multiarch-runc-patch-prod-stable
If you are still experiencing issues, you can reach out via the support ticket that I see you created.
Kind regards,Theodora
Yes exact same issue!! Would love to know how to force it to use the old version. If anyone figures this out please please post here. Our entire build process for both test and production pipelines are totally down.
Thank you, this fixed our issue and our build pipelines are back up an running.
That's good to hear @cmorris98, thank you for the update!
This helped me get it back up and running and actually found I could now get it work with latest image by creating this in my top level defintions
definitions:services:docker-self-hosted:image: docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon:v25.0.2-multiarch-prod-stabletype: dockerdocker-not-self-hosted:memory: 7128type: docker
Hi @slowquery, it's good to hear that the workaround solved the issue. I will post here when the issues are fixed.
I've tried pinning the image tag to the previous one, and while the following error disappeared from the Docker logs, the steps leveraging Docker still fails on `docker: command not found`:`cat: can't open '/proc/net/arp_tables_names': No such file or directory`
`cat: can't open '/proc/net/arp_tables_names': No such file or directory`
I have discovered in the logs that the tag has two different SHA values between the failing and passing builds.
<span> <a href="http://docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon:v20.10.24-multiarch-runc-patch-prod-stable" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank">docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-docker-daemon:v20.10.24-multiarch-runc-patch-prod-stable:</a> Your kernel does not support memory swappiness capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory swappiness discarded.</span>
Is it still broken for you despite designating a specific dind image by any chance?
Still broken with older version too, on my case.
New image produces the following log:
The old image (when set in the pipeline config file) does not produce said error.
But both produces the following:
Is that your case, too?
Hi everyone,
Our engineering team has published a community article with some of the limitations that the upgrade of the Docker Engine introduced:
You can read this article about the different limitations and what action needs to be taken in each case.
If you are still experiencing issues after following the suggestions in the article:
Hi Team,Help me for this issuerpc error: code = Unknown desc = failed to pull and unpack image "docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-auth-proxy:prod-stable": failed to resolve reference "docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-auth-proxy:prod-stable": failed to do request: Head "https://docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/v2/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-auth-proxy/manifests/prod-stable": read tcp 10.5.65.84:54922->204.246.191.16:443: read: connection reset by peer
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.