I am fairly experienced with automations when working in a single project, including creating a link between issues with a shared value. But now that I am trying to do this with issues in two separate projects I've found myself stumped and could use some help!
What I'm trying to do with this automation:
- When a new issue is created in one project, look for issues in the other project that have the same value in the CBSA field
- If any matches are found, create a "relates to" issue link
And these are the project/field details:
- The project keys are REC and NSA
- Both projects have a custom field named "CBSA"
- In the first project (REC), the field is customfield_10178
- In the second project (NSA), the field is customfield_10170
I have automations that perform the same function, but in a single project. These automations use the smart values condition to compare field values. But, in a single project, the custom field is has the same identifier (e.g., customfield_10178). I'm unsure of how to compare the CBSA field since the identifier is different in each of the projects.