I am familiar with this portion on setting up an approver in jira service desk , but what I am trying to accomplish is to get an approver automatically set up after a ticket is created in jira.
Hi @SAI TEJA N , is your goal to define the approver based upon some criteria that set when creating the issue?
yes Jack, based on the reporter I need to assign it automatically to the manager. In our case there is only one manager, and every request needs to go to him for approval.
If you check the Automation Templates area you will find a rule to assign approver based on Request type. You can take that template and switch out the condition to align with your needs.
I have tried doing that Jack, I have created a trigger flow in the automation section. But I am confused like how can I configure approver based on the reporter. that is If a reporter is creating an ticket it should automatically update its approver instead of reporter manually entering it. My end goal is to automatically update the approver based on the reporter creating the task. here approver is the reporters manager. Thank you so much. I am sorry for too many questions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.