Hello all,
I have been following an answer (first answer) to a post provided by @Trudy P Claspill but I am having issues with the last steps.
I am nearly there in getting it to work in my environment. The only problem is I am on the Jira Data Center version and the field "Start Date" is not available as an option in the edit issue dropdown. It appears the workaround for this is to write it in JSON. So I have written the last step to Trudy's answer as follows under edit issue->additional fields:
{
"fields": {
"Target start": "{{lookupIssues.first.Target start}}"
}
}
Unfortunately when the rule is run, it errors out with an error that reads:
ABC-553 (Unparseable date: "" (customfield_11000))
Investigating a little further I did an export to CSV with the Target start field in the list of columns and the format looks like this "Nov/14/23 7:00 PM".
In the epic field on the Target start field it says:
"The targeted start date. This custom field is created and required by Portfolio for Jira.
- Use the d/MMM/yy date format"
Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

