Hi all,
I've been looking around for a way to enable a specific group of users to edit non-editable issues.
For instance :Status "closed" has property jira.issue.editable = falseWould like to add something like jira.issue.editable.usergroup = XYZ
However i cannot figure out the proper syntax (if it ever exists)
I've checked https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/50500/how-do-i-allow-jira-administrators-to-edit-closed-issues-without-reopening-them
and https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/165541/how-to-enable-only-project-administrators-the-ability-to-edit-closed-issues
But i'd like to do it without using project roles.
I couldn't get the UserGroup ID so i tried jira.issue.editable.usergroup = "Edit Locked Issues" to no avail.
Thank you for your help
Finally found my way through it.
In Groups management :- Add allowed users to named group : "Edit Closed Issues"
In Workflow management :- Add jira.permission.edit.group = Edit Closed Issues to state properties- Remove jira.issue.editable = false property from "Closed" statuses- Publish workflow draft.
In PermissionScheme :- Add permission to "Edit Issues" to group "Edit Closed Issues"
Seems to work for me on downloaded Jira 5.1.4
You can find the groups names at
Admin->users->groups.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.