A bit of background on the setup of my instance. My Jira Cloud instance has both Jira Software and Jira Service Management. All users on it have licenses for both products. The IT Team has a service management project that users send emails to that raise requests (or tickets) in the IT Service Management project.
Users who submit requests are unable to comment on the requests they submitted, they can only give internal comments. The permission scheme indicates they should be able to comment. I even enable "Any logged in users" to comment but that still doesn't work. There is an IT Group that was configured before Is there perhaps a higher level of permissions I'm not familiar with that could be blocking this? I noticed the same thing with the ability to edit requests, no matter what I do in the permission scheme people are not able to edit requests. This is the only project I've seen this issue. I manage several other projects and I've never seen the permission scheme not work exactly as I would expect.
Cold the reason they are being blocked from commenting is that they are on the request from the main Jira instance side, and not the portal side? If so, I would need a workaround for this as the entire company is used to using Jira so it is not natural for them to use the portal.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated!