I want to update the status of a parent issue by changing the status of a subtask with an automation. Is that possible?
Hi @Daniel Corrales,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Yes, this can be done with automation, and if you look under the Templates tab you will find a rule called "When all sub-tasks are done → move parent to done" that you can use as a starting point. If you do not need it to check all subtasks if the parent should change status then you just have to remove those steps.
I just need the status of the parent task to change if a specific sub task's status is changed. Is it also possible? Thank you.
Yes, that can be done. You can use the rule I pointed to above and just change it to fit your use case. If any subtask should move the parent to a specific status, then just remove the condition that checks if other subtasks are in a specific status.
Something like this should do it:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.