Hello @everyone!
I have been tasked with structuring our company projects for the past month now and learned Jira software quite well. I enjoy the liberty one has in creating the perfect project for the team with all the available options.
Now to the point, I couldn't have a simple calendar in a software project - the marketplace is very confusing and case specific, so I was forced to move to an alternative - a Team-Managed Business project which is definitely way simpler to set-up and yet quite limited. I browsed the forums to find the things I need and setup the Project I am asked to create and yet I always hit a dead end at some point.
Now, I am asked to create a Project with a Kanban board that can act as an overview of multiple company branches for my CEO, things such as Projects, Products, Sales and so on (rather than having 50 individual projects).
I removed the EPIC tasks (turns our you can't filter the child tasks of the epics) and designed a normal task (issue type) so I can have the subtasks as a dropdown in the master board's cards overview. ( I can't have multiple Boards in business project as well so the backdoor was to create a custom boards and share via the shortcuts option with the teams, where they will actually work on the sub tasks).
Now that everything is kind of working as I intended, I noticed in the summary I have the issue types of the different company branches I created in the Master Kanban Board - which is used only for an overview mixed with the work statuses, and i can't filter the Pie chart in the Summary - Status Overview - To show only the Subtask workflow of To Do, In Review, Testing, Done. It looks awful, basically renders the Summary tab unfunctional.
I can't remove the "Summary" from the dashboard row.
I can't filter the "Status Overview" in the Summary.
I can't Hide them.
*I thought of making the master Kanban Board columns to DONE (all of them), so that in 2 weeks it will disappear from the summary pizza chart, but then they will also disappear from the Kanban Board (I'm Limited) - I don't have the liberty, no the options to trick this to work in my favor.
Basically, what I would do is start a new software project and just make it as I want, but I need that Kanban Big Overview and the Calendar. So yeah, any feedback or maybe a way to bypass and edit/filter the summary would be great. (From what I gathered so far only Premium services have filter options for the summary which I find ridiculous.) maybe an addon from the marketplace?
Thanks in advance,
Regards.