I have a ton of bugs and tasks but I want to see what departments/group/discipline they are in without using components, epics, or any other issue type.
Lets say we have 4 people (I have many more I want to group with this but making it simple) each of them have a bunch of issue on them:
John - designer
Jason - designer
Frank - artist
Jessica - engineer
I want to use structure to group each of them by discipline, but none of them have a role assigned to them in jira that any tools built into structure can use. So, I need to write a code that will group them with the "Group by Attribute" then a Custom Formula
The end result displayed in structure I would expect is
[folder] Designers
--->task 1 - John
--->task 2 - Jason
--->task 3 - Jason
[folder] Engineers
--->task 4 - Jessica
--->Bug 1 - Jessica
[folder] Artists
--->Bug 2 - Frank
--->task 5 - Frank
The main issue I am having is that I cannot seem to figure out how to actually use structure to achieve this. The code I have been messing with is here
IF(SEARCH("C", assignee = "jessica.nolastname"), "Engineers", SEARCH("B", assignee = "frank.nolastname"), "Artists", SEARCH("A", assignee in ("John.nolastname, Jason.nolastname)), "Designers")
There are obvious issues with the current code, which is why I am asking here for help. I can't seem to find a way to do this grouping, and no one has really asked a questions close to this.
Any help is welcomed