Shared pipeline configs are great, but I'm finding it difficult to understand what capabilities there are for overriding components of a shared pipeline. For example:
* Can I add more steps?
* Can I modify existing shared steps?
* Can I define steps that can be referred to without being part of the original shared pipeline?
I haven't been able to find documentation on how the pipeline is merged, and what the "effective" configuration might look like in different scenarios.
Best case scenario, I'd also love to be able to share scripts as part of the shared pipeline repo. I know I could manually clone them in a given step, but that adds a lot of time to the execution. Perhaps smaller scripts can be added to definitions in the shared pipeline file?
I'd love to hear what other people are doing with shared pipelines to handle exceptions and edge cases in individual repos.