Hi all,
I just discovered stages which I have found useful for grouping up build and deploy steps of my pipeline for each environment.
Is it a known limitation that you can't 'promote' from a deployment stage? I could not find this anywhere within the stage documentation and understand that it is in beta, so not sure if it's a bug or just an undocumented limitation.
Example pipeline using stages as follows (no ability to 'promote' within deployments tab):
pipelines:
default:
- stage:
name: Build & Deploy Test App
deployment: Test
trigger: manual
steps:
- step:
name: Build App
script:
- **build**
- step:
name: Deploy App
script:
- **deploy**
- stage:
name: Build & Deploy Production App
deployment: Production
trigger: manual
steps:
- step:
name: Build App
script:
- **build**
- step:
name: Deploy App
script:
- **deploy**
In this example without stages, this would allow 'promotion' from Test to Production deployment:
pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: Build & Deploy Test App
deployment: Test
trigger: manual
script:
- **build**
- **deploy**
- step:
name: Build & Deploy Production App
deployment: Production
trigger: manual
script:
- **build**
- **deploy**
Please let me know if I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance