Hi, I'm quite new to Jira so I'm still not sure what is possible or not possible to do.
Here it is:
I'm controlling deployment of features based on tickets on my environments. For each environment I have separate Parent Ticket to add all sub-tasks for that specific environment.
Let's use following example: I have deployment1 sub-task in Parent Ticket A. After its deployment is completed, I have to deploy to my other environments, to do so I have to:
1. Clone deployment1 sub-task
2. Move to Parent Ticket B
3. Update Environment field in new deployment1 sub-task to Environment B
The problem is:
Everytime I have a deployment in Environment A, I have to clone sub-tasks to my other Environments B, C and D. Sometimes there are several deployment on the same day in ENV A. It means a lot of work to clone, move and update env field for other 3 ENVS.
Question is:
Is there a way I can automate this process of: cloning, changing Parent Ticket and updating ENV field?
Additional info:
I'm a simple Jira user, not administrator.
Using Jira v9.4.14
Thanks in advance!