I am a solo entrepreneur who has had a company develop a website and customizations for me. The company was paid in full. Their proposal stated that it would deliver the product in two months; however, it took 30 months. They launched the website with an obsolete, unfinished Magento 2.3.4 code. After six months of complaining to them and getting no help, I filed a Legal Notice to sue. That brought the CEO of a company with 300-plus employees to the negotiating table. He said he wanted to fix my problems to avoid a legal battle.
I gave the company the opportunity, and in doing so, I gave them Access to my old Bitbucket.org account to deposit their source code in it. I created a new project name, especially for the company's team. Meanwhile, I had some previously owned software program source code deposited in a repository under a separate project name.
In a December 2023 communication, I made the mistake of quoting something that the project manager said, resulting in someone from that company deleting my Bitbucket account around December 18, 2023, and deleting parts of a Skype group chat messages from March 21 to November 2023. The company team and I were the only ones with Access to my account to both accounts. However, I did not have a paid subscription to the Bitbucket account, so I could not create a ticket with Bitbucket to inquire how this could have happened. I only gave this company's team a Write Access Level to my account.
Today, it came to me to ask the community experts for help. I am over 65 and not technically advanced.
Can someone please help me find out what happened and how I can get the account restored if it is not too late?
Heartbroken grandma.