Hi,
I have an automation that creates new tasks in an epic based on the value of a multi-select field (field is at the epic level).
The problem I'm running into is that any change to the field duplicates tasks which already exist. I'd like use an if statement to stop the creation of tasks if the task already exists, but because it's comparing lists it seems to be that any if condition is all or nothing rather than considering each item individually (I think).
At a basic level, my creation automation is:
When Value Change > For Each (item in list) > Create Task (for one department) > Create Task (for the other department).
The two tasks have summaries that are exactly the same except for the first word which identifies whose task it is.
I've tried several variations of if and compare conditions over the last few days.
Most recently:
For each: Smart Value (list field) > Lookup Issues (that have the same epic/parent) > If: Compare (if lookupissues.summary does not contain issue.field.value) then Create
But this automation seems to stop any creation altogether.
Any ideas on a better route?
Thanks!