Hi Community!
I am looking for something very specific and I'm quite sure it can not be done.
On the create screen of a Jira issue I have a couple of fields. Example:
I need a text area field or some kind of read-only section with a template that is automatically filled in. When changing one of the fields above the generated text should change instantly while typing. Simplistic example:
We plan an maintenance window for the application on the <environment> on <target date>
When the issue is created this text will be automatically added as a comment for the request participants on the portal. The idea is that the agent can review the text that will be generated.
My workaround:
If this can not be done I will need an automation rule that generates the text after creation. And to add the text as comment the agent has to copy-paste the text if he is happy with the result or I can add a manual trigger to automated the comment creation.
It is important that the comment is not added automaticallly, it always needs a review from the agent.
If you have better ideas let me know! :-)