Could you guide me on how to ensure that tickets within an epic aggregate all their story points to the epic level?
Hello @Dolores Moyano
Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?
This could be accomplished using the Automation for Jira feature. Are you familiar with that?
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/
There are numerous posts in this Community in that topic, with answers., which you can find by doing an Internet search for jira cloud automation roll up story points
Here is just one recent example
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-roll-up-story-points-from-Stories-to-Epic-in-company/qaq-p/2505365
Hi @Trudy P Claspill I am familiar with Automation rules and have looked for some options that I didn't get to make them work :S I'm using Jira CloudSo, I was looking for some help here.I found https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/sum-up-story-points which is not helpful because it's for tickets and subtasks.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Sum-up-Story-points-to-epic/qaq-p/1389224 which did not work for me
It keeps failing with a comment in the audit logs: Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON.And I had entered {{lookupIssues.Story point estimate.sum}} Story point estimate is the exact name of the field
Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information can be found in the Type column on the View all projects page under the Projects menu.
Can you show us the full automation rule and the details of the step where you are using the smart value you posted?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.