Can I hide project key for some or all projects?
The project key comes out everywhere - the issue IDs are keyed on it, it's thrown out whenever you're looking at a project or issue, it's embedded in urls and the rest.
So, no, there's no way to "hide" it really. JIRA effectively stops working if you don't have it, as the users won't really be able to use it at all.
Could you explain what you're trying to achieve though?
My users would like to see only the task or Issue description without the key. I don't want to remove the keys but hide them.
Mmm. Why? Of what use is it to remove an easy way to uniquely identify an issue?
Sometimes users just have to be told no. How would they tell someone which issue they were working on? It is a silly request.
How should I sort by title? 21 come prior to 2.
What has your (unknown field called) "title" have to do with hiding the issue key?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.