I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how JIRA calculates bug backlog vs bugs created and resolved (Done)
I am running stats for 2023 and prior to 2023 (Dec 31, 2022) we had a backlog count of 352 bugs. In Jan we created 222 and Resolved 224 but our backlog went up to 357 - shouldn't it have dropped to 350.
There are several months where created issues were less than resolved issues but the total backlog keeps climbing - I can't figure it out.
Here are results and what is returned using Custom Chart searches.
Backlog: (filter IN ("All COMs") AND project IN (Company) AND issuetype IN (Bug, bug) AND status IN ("In Progress", "To Do", "Code Review", "Internal Review") AND (created >= "2022-01-01" AND created <= "2023-01-31"))
Jan created: (filter IN ("All COMs") AND project IN (Company) AND issuetype IN (Bug, bug) AND status IN ("To Do", "In Progress", "Code Review", "Internal Review", Done, Cancelled) AND (created >= "2023-01-01" AND created <= "2023-01-31"))
Jan Resolved: (filter IN ("All COMs") AND project IN (Company) AND issuetype IN (Bug, bug) AND status IN (Done, Cancelled) AND (resolutiondate >= "2023-01-01" AND resolutiondate <= "2023-01-31"))
