I can not seem to find any documentation regarding the smart value for the field:
External Issue Id on Jira Story.
Hi Laura,
Just to add to Nic's answer, it usually shows up as a custom field in your list of fields. If there have been multiple migrations or imports from other systems, you might find multiple fields with the exact same name. So you need to sort that out first.
Otherwise, you can use the customfield_10567 designation for the field where the number is the ID for the field and treat it just like other custom fields.
I found someone with permissions to get into settings > issues and look for the custom field numbers and this work.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
The external issue id field is almost always used to import a redundant identifier from a legacy system. There's no documentation on it because of that - the content is nothing more than a string of text from the old system.
is there mapping that i need to do for this. Or does customfield_10567 map to where External Issue Id is?
Would there be a better field that I can use to enter in a number? It is for entering in the RFC# from our Service Now desk.
Sorry, I should have been more specific - 10567 is just and example of a value. To get the value for the field, go to Settings > Issues > Custom fields
Search for the External Issue Id field, then click the 3 dots menu on the right side. Select Default value and Contexts. Then the ID of the field will be in the URL at the end.
Thank you. I am going to have to get permission to look at "issues" as I do not have that under settings. Only "projects". Appreciate your imput!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.