How to change the exported word document extension from .doc to .docx in JIRA so that users can directly export reports in .docx
I believe this can help:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/saving-doc-to-docx-or-dorm-0107099d-dc1e-4897-8851-f8c9f483f7cd#:~:text=Open%20the%20document%20%3E%20Navigate%20to,as%20type%E2%80%9D%20%3E%20Select%20Save.
Changing the extension of a file name does not change the format of the file.
Jira delivers .doc files because they are formatted as .doc files.
Why do you think you want to export as .docx? Everything that can read .docx can read .doc files as well.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- That isn't always true. I worked on a federal government contract that wouldn't allow .doc files. That can be changed in the Trust Center, but in this case that couldn't be done because that option wasn't available to the user, but controlled by the system build. But, as you said, changing the file extension to .docx would make the file unreadable.
Sorry @Joe Pitt but it is true. Just changing a file extension does not change the format of the file content.
I assume the bit you are saying isn't true is "everything that can read .docx can read .doc files" - that might be true, if you've got software that has been deliberately crippled, or written, so that it can not. Most people will not be using software with that problem.
@Joe Pitt @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Our user are working on Azure Virtual Desktop and they are facing issues while accessing .doc reports from JIRA. That's why I am looking for workaround whether we can make any changes in JIRA so that users can export reports in .docx format, If not then I will ask infra team to have a look into this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.