How (if at all) is it possible to to to count by JQL - how many bugs are under specific epics
Something like - Count (issue type = Bug and Epic Name = "My Epic")
which returns a amount of returned records
Hi @Oded Tali
the JQL you are after should be like following:
Epic Link = "epic id" AND issue type = Bug
this will return all bugs under this epic and you will be able to easily spot the total number from query results page
Thanks for the response
I know the above, but I am looking for reteriving the count of JQL (or other way)
To be more accurate : I want to have a calculated field in Epic level which will retrive automatically how many bugs are linked to Epic for Example (dashobard table)
using Jira built in features, you can use automation to get the above count and to be more specific you need to use {{lookupIssues.size}}
here is a post that explains the same case https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Using-the-lookupIssues-to-find-number-of-issues-in-an-Epic/qaq-p/1681084
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.