Hi, we have migrated from server->cloud. I had python and vba happily interacting with the APIs but just can't get python to work with the cloud.
I can code it to work successfully with VBA, so I know my coding is good but for some reason python just won't work.
There's no response message, python just errors saying it has reached the max retries and didn't get a response.
I've had the network guys monitor and they say there is a 502 error (Bad Gateway I assume).
I've reverted to just doing a basic python script to query a single issue, but to no avail.
Has anyone got any ideas?
This is the python code structure per the JIRA API docs:
# This code sample uses the 'requests' library:
# http://docs.python-requests.org
import requests from requests.auth
import HTTPBasicAuth
import json
url = "https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}"
auth = HTTPBasicAuth("email@example.com", "<api_token>")
headers = { "Accept": "application/json" }
response = requests.request( "GET", url, headers=headers, auth=auth ) print(json.dumps(json.loads(response.text), sort_keys=True, indent=4, separators=(",", ": ")))
I've tired adding in "verify: False" but also no joy.
In VBA, I did have to make one additional change over the code that I had working with jira server and that was to add a header to set the user-agent which I have also tried in python but it didn't work.
Has anyone got any ideas please?