I built a simple query and asked it to Sort by Status.
But the items all list in some random order.
See my attached screen shot. Why aren't the Design/Discovery status items sorted together?
Hi @Lisa Scannell
sorting by status is unfortunately not always intuitive in Jira; the order of statuses is defined somewhere in Jira, but frankly I don't even know where.
Since you appear to be on Jira Cloud, you should be able to sort by status category though, which should give you a more intuitive result.
Mind trying the following query?
project = SOM AND resolution = Unresolved AND Assignee is not EMPTY ORDER BY statusCategory ASC
Let me know if this helps,
Best,
Hannes
Hey Lisa,
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/2-dimensional-dashboard-gadget-columns-in-wrong-order/qaq-p/441609
Are your statuses configured in this order? Does it make sense to adjust this order?
Greetings Ralf 👋
Hello @Lisa Scannell
Are the issue in the results set from Company Managed projects or Team Managed projects?
For results in a Company Managed project, I believe the sort order is based on the ordering of issue statuses at a global level on this administration page:
https://yourSite.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewStatuses.jspa
If the issues are from a Team Managed project then the ordering of Statuses is based on the order in which the Status was added to the Workflows. I don't know exactly what happens if you have multiple workflows in the TM project with different statuses in the workflows.
I do notice that you appear to have two identical Status values that are not grouped together as they should be. I have not seen that happen before. Could you possibly have more than one field named Status? Jira does not prevent the creation of multiple fields with the same name.. I see that happen only when the data is from a Team Managed project. And I just found this bug about it.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-81183
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.