I'm using the Jira DC for Slack integration to replace lots and lots of webhooks. The users from one project only want to see the comment only when closing a ticket and no other time. I'm trying to figure out how to make this happen using the integration. (I know this can be done using webhooks, but I'd like to see if this can be done with only the integration.)
- Using the project-level "Slack integration" interface would be optimal, but I can't see how to do this.
- Combining the options "Someone leaves a comment" and "Issue transitioned to: Closed" might work if they were logically connected with an AND instead of an OR.
- Is there JQL that could be used to filter on issues being transitioned to a Closed status or even a Done statusCategory? Maybe combining that JQL with the "Someone leaves a comment" option would work.
- Using a post-function notification?
- The documentation doesn't show any way to expose the comment in the notification. The docs did mention that it's using Velocity Engine, so I'm trying to find examples of VE being used to show comments and replicate that in the post-func notification template. Unfortunately, my VE-fu is weak, and I haven't found anything that works.
Has anyone been able to do this in their setup? Are there any other approaches using the Jira DC for Slack integration, or should I give up and fall back to using webhooks?
Thanks,
Pete