When we use the Agile gadget in JIRA it shows zero values. We are using a saved filter which returns issues but when we click on the "Show issue navigator" the query "AND NOT fixVersion is EMPTY" is added which results to 0 issues. How can we fix this and use just the saved filter?
Its because this gadget adds a condition to the filter 'AND NOT fixVersion is EMPTY' if your fixversions are empty which it relies on it will show up empty.
Just make sure fixVersion is populated on these issues and it will work like Thomas says
Hi Miroslav,
as far as I know, Burndown Charts are always based on a specific version. If your issues in the filter would have a fix version, there would be a drop down menu to select the version you want the chart for.
Best regards
Thomas
Is it possible to create the chart when all the issues returned from the filter have no Fix Version?
No, Burndown Charts are based on a start-date and an end-date. If there is no version, there is no start-date and no end-date and so the burndown chart cannot be created.
ok, so I will tell the users to fill out the Fix Versions. Thanks Thomas.
When using the Rapid board for Scrum, you may not necissarily have a fix version for all of the issues in a sprint. I feel that the Agile Gadget should support this use case.
I am trying to use this gadget with a filter that says "Sprint = n" where n is the number of the current sprint I am in. It does not work correctly because I have tasks in the Sprint with no fix version.
You're absolutely right, the Agile gadget does not properly support the Rapid Board at this stage. We intend on fixing that in the future.
Thanks,Shaun
Hi Shaun,
I know you guys don't really do ETA's, but still, are you able to tell roughly when an 'overhaul' for this Agile gadget will be created?
Don't forget to try the new GreenHopper Sprint Burndown Gadget! Avoid anything with "classic" if you're not using fixVersion. This is part of the de-coupling of GH to classic JIRA releases.
@GregorySudderth do you know if the GreenHopper Sprint Burndown Gadget supports subtasks or only main issues?
I'm hitting the same problem as Miroslav. It's really unfriendly to the user not to communicate that extra field anywhere.
JIRA is a tool for developers, and I honestly am surprised how frequently I find such weird, unexplained limitations or hard-coded things in the system.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.