Hi All,
My usecase is this ticket - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Smart-values-for-copying-multiple-labels/qaq-p/1882892
I have a variable {{varLabels}} which holds an array ["ABC", "DEF"] of labels I got from parent which I need to "add" to its stories.
When I go to advanced editing and I want to set the labels, the syntax suggested by @Bill Sheboy works as expected, but when I try to add the labels instead, instead of individual labels, whole array gets added as 1 label.
{ "fields": { "labels": {{varLabels}} } } <-- works
{ "update": { "labels": [ {"add": {{varLabels}}} ] } } <-- throws an error that operation value must be a string
{ "update": { "labels": [ {"add": "{{varLabels}}"} ] } } <-- does not work, updates complete array as single label.
I am thinking its cause the "add" method expects a single string based on documentation.. so I wanted to understand if there are any work arounds to this problem. Thanks!