I made hundreds of deletions to reduce the size of my repository and when trying to commit. I receive a message stating that it is not possible to make new commits because my repository has exceeded the size of 8.7Gb. How do I perform the reduction if the commit with the exclusions is not accepted?
Hello @Leonardo Pereira and welcome to the Community!
I have temporarily increased the size limit of your repository so you can push the changes with the cleaned repo
After you push those changes, please let us know so I can run a GC in the repository to remove any dangling objects that may be generated by the exclusions.
Thank you, @Leonardo Pereira
Patrik S
Patrick,Thank you very much for your help, I have already committed to reduce the size of my repository.
Hello @Leonardo Pereira ,
You're very welcome!
Checking internally I see the repository size wasn't actually reduced, and your repository is currently 9.2GB. As the size increase is temporary just so you were able to push, we kindly ask you to follow the instructions of the below article to reduce the size below the 4GB limit and/or move the large files to LFS :
If we don't hear back from you, I'm afraid we'll need to reduce the size limit to 4GB again, which will put your repo in read-only mode.
Should you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you, @Leonardo Pereira !
Patrik, good afternoon!I had reduced the size from 11gb to 8.3Because the message that appeared to me said that I had exceeded the 8.7Gb limitWhat is the actual size limit?8.7Gb or 4GbI use the free subscription, if I switch to a paid subscription what would be the limit?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.