Hello all,
I’m here to call back a very old topic:
Order issues by Status.
Let’s talk about JIRA DATACENTER.
I want to be able to define some “attribute” in Jira Status to allow me to define the order in the status that must be ordered when using “ORDER BY” in search/filters.
I can see this for the cloud:
[JRACLOUD-69156] Easier re-order of Statuses - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
I found this for Server/ DataCenter:
How to re-order statuses | Jira | Atlassian Documentation
Here I can see a reference for the closed suggestion (solved with “Fixed” and fix versions)
[JRASERVER-5189] Define status order - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
In the article I can see we need to change the “sequence” information directly in the DB, this requires stopping Jira and making the changes.
Completely understood.
BUT I can see also this statement: This is now available in the JIRA User Interface as of JIRA 6.3.8
From my understanding, this means, the versions after 6.3.8 have something in the user admin interface to do this Without the need to change directly in the DB
Is my understanding correct? If Yes, where I can find this?
Or my understanding is wrong, and the change in the DB directly is the “user interface”?
I’m running Jira DC version 9.4.5 and can’t find anything to change this Status order.
Thanks in advance for your help.