I'm hopeful there's a simple JQL that will display stories associated with a deliverable. I keep bumping up against epics...but need the story list.
Hello @John Chanter
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
In Jira terms what is "a deliverable"? Is it a type of issue? What type of issues is it? How are stories associated to it?
Can you provide a screen image of "a deliverable" that includes showing the stories associated to it?
Sure - our deliverables sit atop the Jira work hierarchy, and are represented in the Parent Link field of the epic. When I query on parent link, Jira returns epics associated with that parent link/deliverable. I need a return of stories that support the epics.
Not sure how to attach to this thread
From this page:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-advanced-roadmaps-custom-fields-in-jql/
Look at the information on the portfolioChildIssuesOf function.
To get all child issues below INIT-00 and not just the child issues at the epic hierarchy level:
issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf("INIT-001")
if you want to return just the story-level issues:
issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf("INIT-001") AND issueType = Story
If needed, you can skip returning issues of the hierarchy levels you don't need:
issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf("INIT-001") AND issueType != Epic.
Many thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.