Hi all, many products will take the root email as the reporter of the ticket instead of the sender. Which can be useful for times when items are being forwarded. For example when a system emails a user who then forwards to the Jira Service Management. And you want the system as the reporter for analytics.
While I understand from searching this isn't the way in JSM (and makes sense in many cases to why not). We do have an instance where a user will send an email about a certain case to another user who then forward to the Service Management. Where we still want the original sender to be the "Reporter" (not previously a customer in JSM).
I'm hoping to find an easier way to implement this, I know the type of ticket based on the text in the subject line so i can pick it up by Automation. But how do I grab the original email address and make it a reporter?
I've looked at getting the forwarder to CC the original person, they're not a fan but at least it creates them as a customer. I still need a manual automation though to move the request participant to the reporter as the "Create" trigger seems to find the "Request Participants" as empty at that time.
I also don't think there is any other way around the reporter part without having to create them as a customer section first (which might be too much for the forwarder to do). But if you know an option, that would be great so the original sender doesn't see the forwarder email.
Am I just overthinking this? Thanks for any advice.