Hi,
when deploying Atlassian tools I am using docker images for a while but always created my own custom docker images. For improving and simplifying maintenance I want to switch to the docker images provided by Atlassian now - I like the idea of configuring the whole system with just a few environment variables.
The Jira image provided by Atlassian is using /var/atlassian/atlassian-data/jira as JIRA_HOME by default and the same directory is being used as Current Working Directory, jira.path.attachments and user.home (found in Administration > System > System Information).
My own image has used /opt/atlassian-home as JIRA_HOME so far - I only have one Atlassian tool per docker container and my system is heavily dependent on this path. I also checked this Atlassian KB article (Setting your Jira application home directory).
I assumed that this could be changed easily just by setting the JIRA_HOME to the desired path in my docker-compose.yml in the environment section:
services:
jira:
container_name: my-jira
image: atlassian/jira-software:8.20.27
environment:
- JIRA_HOME=/opt/atlassian-home
- JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=6g
- JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=10g
...
But unfortunately this is only affecting the JIRA_HOME setting itself and not the Current Working Directory, jira.path.attachments and user.home variables - they stick to /var/atlassian/atlassian-data/jira which is causing quite bad problems to my scripting and other customizations that rely on the path /opt/atlassian-home
I checked the docs of the Atlassian docker image but cannot find any solution to my problem. Any hint on how to fix this would be very appreciated!
Best, Christian