Hello All,
I have a main project board (HMA) with over 300 tickets encompassing many topics and is our communication source with another company. Everything has a due date, so what I have done was create a separate project / board (JAW) to track issues coming due within 2 business days. I have an automation in the HMA project pulling those issues that meet the criteria into the new project / board (JAW).
To piggyback off that, in the new board (JAW) I have automations to move tickets from due < 2 days, to due < 1 day, and to past due if not they are not resolved. An automation to move to Done in the new project board is forthcoming however I am getting stuck with duplicate entries as the automation from our main board (HMA) runs daily. I have not figured out a way to stop ticket from going over if they've already went. Explored options there, but nothing worked (spent too many hours on this and moved on to other options)
Now, I am focusing on the new board (JAW) and put together a new automation there to Delete Duplicate new entries added. I am pretty sure everything is set up appropriately:
Automation:
When: Issue Created
Then: Lookup issues
JQL Search: summary ~ "\"{{issue.summary}}\""
If: Compare two values
Check if:
{{lookupissues.size}} is greater than 0
Then:
Permanently remove this issues
When I add known duplicates from HMA to JAW, I can see in the audit log of my "Delete Duplicates" automation and it's running as expect. It also identifies the duplicate entry. However, the ticket does not get deleted.
Action Details say:
Advance compare condition:
The following issues did not match the condition: JAW-xxx
Associated events:
JAW-xxx (Newly added Ticket)
Lookup issues:
JAW-xxx, JAW-aaa (tickets with the same summary)
So this shows me the automation is identifying tickets that are duplicates, but not deleting the new entry.
Any assistance on this is much appreciated.
Thank you!