Hi, I want to hit the REST API and find the different types of commits i.r Normal commit, Mrege commit, Squash commit, etc. But there is no direct way to do it hence need help from the community to find a solution
Hi @Sourabh Kulkarni
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I don't think that can be done. The commit/ merge type you perform is something that happens at the moment the commit is performed.
Those types are not Bitbucket specific. They happen at the git level. GIT does not track which type of commit you performed as far as I know.
@Charlie Misonne totally agrees with you but when I saw some answers on the internet saw that we can find Commit and merge commit from the parent array of the API response from bitbucket. Can we do something like this for Squash Commits too?
Apparently someone had the same question. Atlassian created a feature request for it. Currently it is not possible
You can find the answer on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Is-there-an-api-for-getting-the-squash-commits-from-bitbucket/qaq-p/2471768#M97405
@Charlie Misonne Cool Thank you for your time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.