I can push changes to bitbucket in the cloud via `git` command. I would also like to be able to create a pull request from the command line.
Is this possible?
Hi @Robert Gelb ,
Welcome to Atlassian community!
Thanks you @Jeroen Poismans ,
Please find the below link to do the pull request in Bitbucket.
Regards,
Sanjen
Hi Robert!
Git can't create pull request. If you want to do this from a command line you might want to look into the Bitbucket REST api.
Here is a link to the Bitbucket REST call you need:https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-pullrequests/#api-repositories-workspace-repo-slug-pullrequests-post
Jeroen
P.S. I figured out what the problem was so hopefully the next person finds this. The username needs to be the username, not the login email address. And the password has to be an App Password, not your login password.
So I tried this with no success. I am not sure what I am missing. Here is my scenario:I have a branch `feature/sc-6745-abs-accounting-a-p-ledger` and I want to create a PR to merge it into `develop`.So I kick off the following from the command line (powershell in Windows):
curl https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/jwdev/adris-web/pullrequests `-u MyUserName:MyPassword `--request POST `--header 'Content-Type: application/json' `--data '{ "title": "My Title", "source": { "branch": { "name": "feature/sc-6745-abs-accounting-a-p-ledger" } }, "destination": { "branch": { "name": "develop" } }}'
It came back with 401 unauthorized. For the username, I am using my username, e.g. myname@company.com. For password, I used my regular login password. I also tried creating an app password and gave it right to read/write pull requests. Both passwords came back as 401 unauthorized. I then created yet another app password and gave it every permission imaginable. Still didn't work.
I think I got the URL right. The workspace is called JW Development, but in the URL it's jwdev (e.g. https://bitbucket.org/jwdev/workspace/overview/). And the repository is called adris-web.
Why isn't it working?
Robert,
Let me validate with my own repo, I will get back to this!
@Jeroen PoismansWere you able to make it work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.