I am a new user to Horizon JIRA and have created a bunch of projects within the application. However I'm noticing I wasn't able to edit/update the assignee filed or the status field. I.e I want to assign this project to myself and update the status from open to in progress but it gives no option to do so.
Hi Brian, my guess is that the user you are logged in does not have the right permissions to do so.
Are you using a Cloud or Server/Data Center Jira? If it is a Data Center Jira your system could have to many licensed user or your license is expired.
Cheers Martin
Hello @Brian Mitchell Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Can you check the permissions page in the project? You probably don't have permission to edit issues, assign issues, and transition issues in the project.
Go to Project Settings-> Permissions
If you have these permissions, can you provide more information, possibly with screenshots?
Thanks for responding Murat. I don't believe I have a settings icon anywhere. I checked under my profile and looked around for a settings gear icon with no luck.
Thanks Martin, ok I'll check with my business admin team. We use serve/data center.
Hi @Brian Mitchell ,
It seems like you don't have the admin role in your project. That's why you can't see the settings button.
You can contact the Jira administrator and ask them to grant you the necessary permissions in the project settings.
I was able to have our support team add me for admin access and assigned me to the proper project confluence grouping. This did the trick. thank you for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.