Hello,
I must admit I'm a novice in Bitbucket and in Git in general. I'm using Sourcetree and working in a repository in Bitbucket.
I'm working with a plugin within a videogame project, for which I am the only responsible of. For the record, the game engine is Unity and the plugin is FMOD (an audio middleware). I'm the only one modifying the relevant files of the plugin (the FMOD project and the audio banks) within Unity.
I have a separate branch for my work with the plugin. There have been changes made into my branch, with a new version of the app for testing. I don't know what I've done, but at this point:
- If I pull the changes, I get this error:
error: You have not concluded your merge (MERGE_HEAD exists).
hint: Please, commit your changes before merging.
fatal: Exiting because of unfinished merge.
- If I make a commit, I get this error after a long blue block of text:
fatal: cannot do a partial commit during a merge.
- If I try to make a push (which would be useless without committing), I get this (I modified the names of the repositories and client):
Pushing to https://bitbucket.org/foo/bar.git
To https://bitbucket.org/foo/bar.git
= [up to date] Production-MVP -> Production-MVP
! [rejected] FMOD -> FMOD (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://bitbucket.org/foo/bar.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind
hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.
hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
It looks I've started a merge, but I don't know how and how to get out of this.
What I want is to accept any change made by the developers, except from the relevant files for FMOD, which I believe they did not touch (aside maybe for some caches and such), and push my changes for the relevant FMOD files. For a complete noob in git, bitbucket and sourcetree, how do I make this?
Many thanks