I’m playing with the structure plugin (trial version) and trying to build a query to support seeing part of my structure in different display boards.
I have created some top level structure tree using folders to group my Jira Software Epics (I’m using folders because I don’t want to have issues for parent level epics, that seems to just clutter my issue list since Jira doesn’t understand the structure relationship and these upper level epic issues are unattached to anything from the JIRA point of view).
Now, in a JQL query, I’m not clear on how to obtain all the issues that are in a folder. I want to use the structure() method in my JQL to do this
Structure(“MyStructure”, “descendant of SPECIFIC_FOLDER_IN_THE STRUCTURE“
But I don’t know how to specify the SPECIFIC_FOLDER_IN_THE STRUCTURE. If I was grouping issues, I could use the issue ID of this parenting epic it appears according to the S-JQL reference and cookbook, but I don’t understand how to do this for a folder in the structure which doesn’t seem to have an ID other than its name