Hello Everyone,
I am working on Jira.
I need some automation where on certain condition Jira automation rule will check some specific item of checklist field. Is it possible and if yes can you please give example of that.
Regards
Pallavi Deore
Hi @Pallavi Deore
Please share what is the app used to provide Checklist functionality on your server - the answer depends on that.
Cheers!
I am using Checklist add on.
If you are using Checklist for Jira, then take a look at the following resources:
I would direct your attention to the Updating existing items example.
Kind regards,Maxime
With automation rule I need to edit checklist items. so I use "Edit Checklist items" action then I selected that field which I wanted to update but the problem is how to use "Item Filters". I have filter out checklist items with item name which I have in smart value eg: test but If I directly use that {{test}} in value it didn't work.
I know that we have to specify the regular expression. In my case I have to use issuekey in that.
Any suggestion.
Checklist Add-on is actually Checklist for Jira, so you're best off following @Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_'s lead in this case
Hello @Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_ ,
In my case, When Story move to Close state then issue which have this story key in the checklist item that should be checked.
So I use the trigger as transition issue to Close and created smart value variable for trigger issue key and then I use the Branch rule / related issues as the checklist is smart value and then use below json in additional field:
{"update": {"Checklist": [{"edit": [{{#Checklist}}{"name": {{name}}{{#if(equals(#name, #issuekey))}},"id": {{id}},"checked": true{{/}}}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}]}]}}
Getting error " Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON."
So In that issuekey is my smartvalue which is actually trigger issue key.
Can you suggest me what exactly is wrong in this.
Here's how I would do it, (but I unfortunately don't think this can work):
{{#Checklist}} { "id": {{id}} {{#if(equals(name, issuekey))}}, "checked": true {{/}} } {{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}
The reason I don't think this can work is because you cannot access smart value variables from outside the loop while inside the loop. You have access to the item's variables like name, statusId, checked etc. but you can't access and compare issueKey.
Try it out and maybe you'll show me wrong, but I think you would be better off using groovy scripts at this point.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.